Property Damage and Business Interruption Claims – What to do Before and After Hurricane Laura
Lewis, Kullman, Sterbcow & Abramson, LLC is helping clients with disaster insurance claims related to Hurricane Laura.
Here’s what you need to do before and after the storm:
- Document your property before and after the damage.
- Take pictures and videos of the exterior and interior of your property before and after the storm. Every item matters!
- Do NOT submit a contractor’s bid to your insurance company!
- Contractor bids may be unreliable before work starts and may be used against you during the claims process.
- If you have PROPERTY DAMAGE, if you have BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.
- Mistakes made in the beginning of the claims process may turn into a legal battle later and cost you $$$. When we handle your claim from day one, we can prevent common mistakes, roadblocks and make sure that you are paid as much as possible.
- Understand your policy coverages.
- Insurance policies can be pages long, with forms and endorsements that change every year. Extra coverage may be available if you know where to look. We know where to look!
- Experience negotiating with insurance companies matters! Do NOT rely on anyone but a qualified attorney for advice regarding your claim.
- Your insurance policy is a legal contract. Do not rely on anyone but a qualified attorney for advice on your claim!
- CONTACT US TODAY TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS TIME OF NEED!